Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 3 Settling In:

 Had to work today so didn't get to spend much time in Pearl.  Started the morning with a shower in the apartment, I mention that because I was chicken to take one in the coach.  Just need to work a bit more on my comfort level.  I will get there quickly!

My husband spent the day at the Baylands taking care of business details.  Used generator - very quiet, less than traffic noise!

Road Dog Inca is beside herself happy.  She loves to be out and about more than anything so she is just in her element.  Sitting up front looking out the window at the world going by and LOVIN it!

Found that to get a owners manual for Pearl Fleetwood requires that you actually write a check and send it snail mail and then they will snail mail or email you the manual.  Wow seriously????  Ordered personalized plate for Pearl (TTREKN) to officially take Turtle Trekkin on the road!  Ordered Good Sam extended warranty and Insurance so Pearl is all official and protected.

Tonight we are dry camping at a spot that we have scoped out where other campers have set up.  Able to put the bedroom slide out and have a bit more room.  Growing awareness of full timer reality, like realistic water consumption levels, reality of bathroom size (tiny but manageable), power management, wifi availability,  true gas mileage numbers, the danger of low hanging trees, and what I have termed the "RV Dance".  This is what all three of us do to move about in Pearl.  Inca's in the aisle and I walk forward and she walks back; we dance until we get where we need to be, same with my husband.  It's not too small a space, to navigate around each other, it's the RV Dance and it can actually be quite fun and amusing.

Came home and opened a cabinet to get a book and they all fell on my head.  I believe the stewardess told us to "Use caution when opening the over head bins as items may have shifted in flight".  LESSON LEARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment