Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Gathering Continues...

The last few days have been very very intense.  I have looked at, walked in, crawled under, sat in, and climbed up more RV's then I even knew existed.  It has been SO FUN!  But a serious learning experience as well.  In addition to spending an entire day at the Alameda County Fairgrounds RV Show, my husband and I have hit as many RV Sales websites, Craigslist, RvT, RV Trader, and many others, as we can.  Comparison shopping is extremely time consuming but I believe it will be well worth it in the end.

We have been able to fine tune our choices though.  We know we don't want to go over 31 feet.  Mostly because I don't want to drive anything larger than that, but also because the bigger you go the more your choices of parks and parking narrow.

We also have decided that we want a Class A.  I sat in so many Class C's that I would not drive because the drivers seat was too low.  I was really surprised at the number of models that did not have driver seats that adjusted in height.  Now I realize I can get cushions and back pillows and all that, but do I really want to be doing that all the time? No I don't!  So Class A it is.

Queen walk around bed - a must.

I thought we had made a decision that we wanted at least one slide out, but then I checked out a few 30 and 31 foot models that were very nice and roomy and did not have slide-outs.  Plus a slide-out is another moving part that can break.  So the jury is still out on that.

Gas or diesel; most likely gas, but not a done deal.

And the list goes on and on ...

I think that the most important aspect of all of this shopping is that we take as much time as we need to get as close to perfectly what we need and want as we can.

It's out there and we will find it!

Happy & Safe Trekkin to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment