Thursday, January 5, 2012

In the Beginning ...

My husband of 24 years and I are getting ready to embark on the next phase this adventure we call our life together.  Tomorrow we are going hunting for our home, our turtle shell.

We have been talking about going mobile for years.  It scares and excites us in equal measures.  We are by no mean independently wealthy, devoid of money worries, neither are we facing imminent homelessness.  My husband is a consultant for several companies in Silicon Valley and I am an administrator for a retirement community. Our motivation to make this change is both simple and complex, a complicated and twisting story that you, the reader, would most likely find confusing and very likely boring.  So let me just state the simple reason, we are finally ready.  Excited, scared, and ready.

While my husband has telecommuted for years, I don't plan to leave my job immediately. We intend to use a combination of boon docking and local camping spaces for at least a short time while we get use to living mobile and we work out the kinks in our new home and in our new relationship.  And make no mistake, we realize that while this will be an adventure, it will also challenge us in ways we can't even imagine at this stage.

I have been reading a fantastic book entitled, "Living Aboard Your RV", by Janet and Gordon Groene.  I highly recommend buying and reading it BEFORE you make a final decision about taking to the life my husband and I are affectionately referring to as Turtle Trekkin.

This blog will share our story with you.  Not from the very beginning, but from right now on this very early morning, very early in 2012.  I hope you will find it entertaining, encouraging, and educational in equal measures.  So begins the odyssey of the Turtle Trekkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment