Friday, June 8, 2012

Last week we spent my days off at Uvas Canyon. It was so beautiful and I am feeling motivated to continue my Turtle Trekking blog that I started so long ago.

Like Steve Martin exclaimed in the movie the jerk, the phone books are here the phone books are here, recently I just as giddily exclaimed, the license plates are here, the license plates are here.   Wohoo, who ever thought a pair of personalized licence plates could make you feel so happy.  It took forever to get them but now that they have arrived I feel like we are really really for real doing this.






We have been to several beautiful places in Pearl so far.  I am so much more excited and content with this lifestyle than I honestly ever thought I would be.  The adjustments have been minor and the ease of the life has been major.  Cooking has been a breeze once I got use to the oven.  I have no complaints about shower size or kitchen size, in fact I love how little space there is to keep clean.  The one thing I thought I would hate was the dumping task, but it turns out to be a very easy process that doesn't bother me at all,

Another thing that has really surprised me is how good I have been sleeping. We thought we would try to put our mattress that we owned before into Pearl but it turns out that it mattress that is in here is amazingly comfortable.  So I find myself doing something I've never done before and that is sleeping past 7 o'clock in the morning.  Its thrills my husband but I'm not sure about it, it makes me feel like I'm sort of missing part of the day.  Yesterday and today I didn't get up until after 9:00.

We have quite a few places around Palo Alto, Mountain View and Sunnyvale that we park at for a few days then we move to another spot.  That aspect of it was something that my husband was worried would bother me, but it doesn't at all.  Most of the places are very quiet and not really near houses, so we don't disturb anyone if we have to use the generator for a bit.

When we went out for a walk last Friday we actually had a deer run in front of us, not even 10 feet in front of us, Inca found it extremely exciting, something she had never experienced before.  We saw quail and wild turkeys. And it smelled wonderful there. It came from these lovely small yellow wild flowers.

Here is an image of my husband sitting next to the creek that was basically our backyard.

I hope that now that we are starting to really get out and go places I will be better at posting here.

Safe trekkin







No comments:

Post a Comment