Friday, January 27, 2012

OMG ... or Whew! I'm Not Sure Which

It has been a long few months and a really long day, but WE DID IT!  We finally picked and purchased.  I am feeling so many emotions I won't bore you with listing them all.  Well maybe some of them ... OMG I'm so excited!, OMG what have we done?, OMG I'm so scared!, OMG are we crazy?, OMG I can't wait to get moved in!, OMG this is really happening!, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!  That's just a few.

We bought a beautiful 2003 Fleetwood Storm 31A.  She is really a beauty and we are over the moon with her.   Yes her.  What's her name?  That will come to us eventually.  I feel really good about the purchase.  I feel good about who we purchased her from.  Of course we will see if the dealer stands behind the product.  When I can give rave reviews I shall.  For now I will just say that the transaction so far has been a pleasant one.

Now the reality is really staring us both right in the face.   As we stood in our living room and started listing the things that cannot go with us, as I took a loonngg hot shower, as I cooked in my spacious kitchen, as I flushed the toilet, I thought, "Oh this will change, oh that will change, oh this will be an adjustment, oh I will miss this ... and so on.  REALITY!  Yup, gotta face the not so exciting, not so glamorous, not so adventurous side of this decision.  Although we have talked and talked ... and ummm talked about these things, talking and doing can be so very different.  So we are both a bit nervous.

Mostly, I think we are nervous that the other person is going to somehow be less than thrilled with the final decision.  My husband is worried about my feelings, I am worried about his.  The truth is we both know that we have to own our own stuff and come to terms with all of this within ourselves before we worry about each other.  But knowing it and, again doing it are two different things.

The truth is, this is something that we have never done and we are making a huge life change and any change this huge is scary!

But dang IS SHE PRETTY!  




We pick her up next week.  That will give us a full month to get moved out, moved in, and transition at a leisurely pace, rather than try to cram it all in one weekend.  We will start slow by camping right outside our front door for a bit.  And then slowly moving farther and farther a field.   I predict this week will be equally full of excitement and trepidation.  But I know we are ready, and I know we are doing the right thing for us at this stage in our lives.  So, ONWARD!

Safe and exciting trekkin!




No comments:

Post a Comment